The Hampden neighborhood is often overlooked but provides residents with an urban feel just out of the city. Many professionals and families live in this neighborhood with it being close to DTC and many restaurants, bars, and retail. There are many ranch-style homes in this neighborhood, perfect for a first time home buyer or families of all ages. A huge perk of this neighborhood is the short commute to DTC, downtown, DU, and the multitude of parks.
A Suburban Oasis
Between the longstanding Jewish delis, expansive parks, and close proximity to Target, King Soopers, and many major retail stores – this neighborhood is ideal for families or individuals looking to get into the market. The 2020 average sales price for a home in Hampden was $427,906. This cozy neighborhood was recently rated #18 best neighborhoods in Denver.
Get to Know Your Neighbors
According the the 5280 “Best Neighborhoods in Denver” article, the average age of Hampden residents is 38.45 years old, many hold a bachelor’s degree or higher. The average commute for Hampden residents is 15-30 minutes – with its ideal location close to I-25, the lightrail and DTC, commuting is a breeze! The average household income is $60,789 and the population is 20,189. Schools rank above average in this area and residents rave about the walkability of this neighborhood.
Our Favorite Local Businesses in the Area Include:
- Date Night: India’s Restaurant – this well-known Indian spot serves traditional Indian dishes. This is also a great spot for events with its expansive banquet hall and catering service.
- Breakfast/Lunch: The Bagel Deli & Restaurant – this neighborhood favorite has been named Denver’s best deli for 53 years! They were also featured on Diners, Drive- Ins and Dives on the food network channel for their matzo ball soup, brisket knishes, and kishke.
- Tea: Kung Fu Tea – although not local, this yummy milk tea chain is sure to satisfy all your boba cravings!
How to Find a Home in Hampden
Does Hampden sound like the neighborhood for you? Check out the current home listings in Hampden. You can also speak with a local Homie agent to learn more about the area. Some questions to ask your local agent are:
- What is the average size of a home in Hampden?
- How far away is Hampden from the foothills?
- Are there any good walking trails in Hampden?
- How often do homes sell in Hampden?
- How quickly do homes sell in Hampden?
Let a Homie Agent Help You Move Into Hampden
Contact us today to speak with an experienced local agent who can help you find and secure the perfect Hampden home.
Homie works with buyers and sellers to simplify the real estate process and save them thousands. Finally, the way real estate should be. Learn more about buying in Colorado.
Interested in learning about other Denver neighborhoods? Check out all our guides here.