Location: South Jordan, UT
What does it mean to be a Homie? Being a Homie means compassionately looking out for others, doing the right thing even if it’s the hard thing, and showing up as your true, authentic self. At Homie, we’re a friendly group of curious dreamers and expert operators who believe the status ain’t quo. For too long, the way homes have been bought and sold has been outdated, costly, and overcomplicated. We’re here to change that. Through a combination of technology and expert, full-service agent support, Homie is simplifying the real estate process and eliminating high fees and commissions.
Homie launched in 2015. Five years later, we're one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the country and the #1 listings brokerage in the great state of Utah. With real estate, home loans, and insurance services under one roof, Homie is disrupting an industry and paving the way for what real estate can, and should, become. We’re on a mission to make homeownership affordable, easy, and accessible for all — and we’re just getting started.
- Disruption: Real Estate is ready for improvement; time to change it! Come build with us!
- Loyalty: To our customers, to your teammates, and Homie to its employees
- Work Life Balance: We want you to have a life outside of Homie
- Humility: We all have more to learn
As a member of the Lending team, the Product Manager will be responsible for fostering success of the next wave in real estate. Your cross-functional team will help provide buyers with information and tools that help them to understand how much they can afford, prequalify, and ultimately empower them to take the next step in the borrowing process with confidence. You will not only partner with design and engineering, but you will also partner with operations, legal, policy, marketing, and finance.
- Establish the product vision and strategy for your team, as well as the goals to measure success
- Partner with Product Designers in researching buyer and agent needs.
- Operate as a Product Owner in an Agile Scrum environment
- Implement best in class product development and management practices
- Rapidly iterate and evolve the product to meet host needs for a hyper-growth new business unit, while creating extensible and scalable global solutions, and simultaneously looking around corners for future user needs and issues
- Create unique solutions for borrowers, while cohesively fitting into the broader Homie ecosystem
- Using data analysis and analytics to improve engagement and retention of the homie native mobile apps and web platform.
- 2+ years of traditional Product Management experience. Experience in data analysis and analytics is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while building extensible and scalable solutions. Thrives in ambiguity and a fast changing environment.
- Passionate about design, obsession with delightful user experience, and ability to bridge the online and offline world
- Product leadership with world class product vision, strategy, planning, development, and execution
- Strong business, analytical, data, and troubleshooting skills. Creatively solve problems by identifying real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence leaders without the need for a job title.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Deep understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications
More About Homie
Homie’s Marketing Engine engages interested customers so all our professionals spend ALL of their time doing one thing - helping the customer. No prospecting, no schmoozing, and no back-scratching. Our success in Utah has led to expansions in Arizona (2019), Nevada (2020), Idaho (2020), and Colorado (2020). Our ambitions certainly don't stop here; join our team as we continue to disrupt the home-buying experience and change the real estate industry nationwide!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Homie, our employees are authentic and come from all walks of life because the people we serve are from all walks of life. Homies are diverse, side hustlers, investors, home (or potential) owners, LGBTQ+, and working hard for that “American Dream” for everyone & anyone. We are traditionally educated as well as from the school of hard knocks. We are industry innovators disrupting the status quo. homies are people committed to working in a safe, supportive and collaborative environment where all ideas are heard and valued. homies don’t merely work here, they build their careers here and join a family that embraces love, is accepting of all and is truly inclusive and that inclusion is how we unleash the power of diversity. We strive to foster belonging, empowerment and create a relevant and meaningful experience for our diverse customers because it is an external representation of all our diverse homies. As such we are engaged with our diverse communities and homies are proud to represent them as we build a better home for tomorrow.