Location: Remote, USA
What does it mean to be a Homie?
Being a Homie means compassionately looking out for others, doing the right thing even if it’s the hard thing, and showing up as your true, authentic self. At Homie, we’re a friendly group of curious dreamers and expert operators who believe the status ain’t quo. For too long, the way homes have been bought and sold has been outdated, costly, and overcomplicated. We’re here to change that. Through a combination of technology and expert, full-service agent support, Homie is simplifying the real estate process and eliminating high fees and commissions.
Homie launched in 2015. Five years later, we're one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the country and the #1 listings brokerage in the great state of Utah. With real estate, home loans, and insurance services under one roof, Homie is disrupting an industry and paving the way for what real estate can, and should, become. We’re on a mission to make homeownership affordable, easy, and accessible for all — and we’re just getting started.
Disruption: Real estate is ready. The time is now.
Loyalty: Homies come first — our customers, team members, and communities.
Balance: Work is an important part of your life, but it’s not your life.
Humility: Grateful isn’t dead. And there’s always more to learn.
Are you looking to run a team of talented engineers and deliver amazing software?
Homie is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help skyrocket our existing engineering team as we scale and grow our offerings into new markets.
The Software Engineering Manager will align resources to the highest priority work, develop and maintain standards for best practices as well as promote adherence to existing architectural patterns. In addition, the candidate must exhibit strong leadership skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to solve problems.
If you're interested in applying your passion and skills toward the making of a positive difference in individual people's lives, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Help team members set and achieve goals
- Hold regular 1-1s with team members
- Help the team understand the rationale behind the features they are building.
- Keep individual team members both efficient and effective
- Drive the improvement of CICD systems
- Assist in the planning and execution of individual Sprints
- Identify, triage, troubleshoot, delegate and fix bugs
- Work hand-in-hand with the Product team to ensure clear feature definition.
- Help cultivate a team environment of both belonging and ownership.
- Team Leadership Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Be able to effectively communicate while leading the team to meet their goals
- Minimum 2 years managing an engineering team
- Minimum 3 years as a full-time engineer
- Experience Leading Projects
- Experience Architecting solutions
- Strong Development Skills
- Working knowledge of agile best practices and experience working on agile teams
- Passion for best practices
- Passion for solving hard problems
What you’ll love about working at Homie
- Holidays: 13 paid holidays, including our very own - Homie Day! Oh, and you get your birthday off!
- 401K retirement savings plan.
- Time off: To begin you will receive a week of separated sick time and starting PTO at 3 weeks per year (accrual), with an increase each service year.
- Mental health is very important to us! We have online assistance programs that include things such as virtual yoga, meditation, and even the ability to book virtual counseling.
- Health benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision with an HSA option. Life and Disability coverage.
- Company stock options.
- Discounted rates on Homie products: Title, Mortgage, Insurance, or new home purchase.
More About Homie
Homie’s Marketing Engine engages interested customers so all our professionals spend ALL of their time doing one thing - helping the customer. No prospecting, no schmoozing, and no back-scratching. Our success in Utah has led to expansions in Arizona (2019), Nevada (2020), Idaho (2020), and Colorado (2020). Our ambitions certainly don't stop here; join our team as we continue to disrupt the home-buying experience and change the real estate industry nationwide!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Homie, our employees are authentic and come from all walks of life because the people we serve are from all walks of life. Homies are diverse, hustlers, investors, creators, LGBTQ+, and working hard for the idea that anyone can own a home.
We are traditionally educated as well as from the school of hard knocks. We are industry innovators disrupting the status quo. Homies are people committed to working in a safe, supportive, and collaborative environment where all ideas are heard and valued.
Homies don’t merely work here, they build their careers here and join a family that embraces love, is accepting of all, and is truly inclusive.