Homie Refer-A-Friend Program Terms and Conditions
Program Participation and Eligibility
The Program is available only for new advertising insertions for first-time customers. Please allow up to four (4) weeks after referral validation for payment to be mailed. Homie reserves the right to modify, extend or cancel this Program at any time. The Program is only available online at Homie.com and Internet access is required for participation in the Program. Individuals who initiate a referral, are defined as “Referrers.” New customers who advertise a home for sale on the Site and enter a referral code are defined as “Referees.”
Eligible Referrals: The Program is only available for individuals who receive an email containing a valid referral code. To make referrals, you must:
- (a) Provide a valid referral code to one or more Referees
- (b) Not collude with Referees to advertise homes that are not legitimately for sale
- (c) Ensure that Referees enter your valid referral code when completing the registration to advertise their home
- (d) Ensure that Referees are listing only single family or up to 4 unit multi-family homes for sale that are located in the State of Utah
- (e) Be an individual person and of the age of majority in the state/province or jurisdiction where you are resident at the time of participation (employees of Homie or its subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including immediate family and household members, are not eligible to earn payments for referrals)
Participation in the Program is prohibited where void by applicable law or regulation. You may only participate in the Program with one referral code.
Eligible Referees: In order for you to qualify for the referral payment, Referees who enter your promo code must:
- (a) Activate a bona fide advertisement listing their home or homes, which must be located in Utah, as for sale by owner properties using your referral code
- (b) Price all homes for sale within 20% of the prices of comparable home sold or for sale within 1 square mile of the same geographic area
- (c) Must accept all tour requests within 48 hours of tour request being made on the Site or over the phone
- (d) Allow a Homie for sale by owner sign to be placed in the yard of the home advertised for sale.
- (e) Keep the advertisement active for a minimum of 30 days or until the home is under contract with a bona fide interested buyer.
Homie reserves the right to void any referral payment based on the following: (1) ineligibility of any Program participant, (2) fraudulent activation or, (3) if Homie, in its sole discretion, finds that you have violated any of the Program Terms and Conditions.
You can earn a maximum of $500 in referral payments in 1 year. You will not receive any payment if your referrals are rejected or are not received for any reason, or if you fail to comply with any of the terms of the Program.
When all conditions are met and a referral payment has been earned, Homie will contact you via email to coordinate payment. Payments will not be made or calculated until Referees have had advertisements listed for at least 30 days.
Additional Terms and Conditions
Tax: You are responsible for any and all tax liabilities associated with the Program.
Void Where Prohibited: This Program is void where prohibited by law.
We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the Program at any time, without notice, at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to not make payments or disqualify someone from the Program if we feel, in our sole discretion, that fraudulent behavior or other unethical conduct has occurred in any way that compromises the fairness the Program in any way. Payments cannot be combined with other promotions and are not valid for previous offers or orders. Spam, unsolicited commercial email, or any form of illegal means of communication is illegal, prohibited, and will be grounds for termination of your account and participation in this Program. Fraudulent or unethical means of communication such as using bots, fictitious identities, fake emails, or scripts is also prohibited and will result in similar actions by us with respect to terminating your account and participation in the Program.
By participating in this Program, you agree to release and hold harmless Homie and its affiliates and subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, consultants, and agents, and any other entity associated with marketing this program (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims or damages arising out of, or in connection with the Program. You further agree that the Program and payments are provided "as is where is". THERE ARE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO STATUTORY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF ONE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
Limited time offer. Homie reserves the right to terminate and/or modify thus offer at any time without prior notice. Effective October 30, 2015