Personal Information Collected
While visiting our websites and applications we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Internet Data: IP address, device ID, browser type, browsing history, website interactions, cookies and web beacons.
- Geolocation Data: IP address and geo-location.
Additionally, when you create a Homie account or use our Services, we may collect the following additional personal information from you:
- Personal Identifiers: Full name, email address, phone number, physical address, and mailing address.
- Mobile Device and Mobile Browser. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
- Commercial Information: Home search history, home information, home tours, offer history, co-buyer information, home listing details, and credit card information.
- Inferences: Social network profiles and inferences from those profiles.
This information may be collected from you in the following ways:
- Interactions with Our Websites & Applications: You provide us with personal information when you create or login to your account via our websites or applications. Additionally, we automatically collect data based on how you use our websites and applications utilizing cookies and other analytics tools.
- Direct Communications with Us:You provide us with personal information when you contact our customer service representatives through email or phone.
- Real Estate & Financial Transactions: You provide us with personal information when you buy or sell a home, complete loan documentation, or engage in other Homie Services.
- Other Sources:Information which may be received from other sources such as social media platforms and third party providers.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Essential: These cookies are required to use our Services. For example, they are necessary to access our website and login to your account.
- Performance: These cookies track how you interact with our website. For example, these cookies let us know which pages on our website load slowly or are not optimized for mobile use. We use this information to make improvements to our user experience.
- Functionality: These cookies track information about you to make using our website easier. For example, we may retain information such as your browser and language preferences.
Usage of Personal Information
Homie uses the personal information collected from you for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- To provide you with Services and customer support;
- To operate our business, which includes, without limitation, using your information (i) to process transactions, (ii) to manage and enforce contracts with you or with third parties, and (iii) to manage our corporate governance, compliance and auditing practices;
- For internal marketing purposes with affiliates of Homie, including Homie’s real estate brokerages, Homie Insurance, Homie Loans, and Homie Title;
- To monitor, analyze, improve and develop our Services and to create and test new Service features;
- To provide a more customized user experience;
- To validate user information provided to us for fraud and risk detection purposes;
- To prevent, identify and address fraudulent or other illegal activity and security issues;
- To comply with laws, rules and regulations; and
- For any other purpose for which you expressly authorize us to use your information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Homie does not rent or sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third-party processors to provide you with Services. For example, your personal information (such as first and last name, address, phone number and email) may be transmitted to Homie’s affiliates (Homie’s real estate brokerages, Homie Insurance, Homie Loans, and Homie Title) so those affiliates can offer certain relevant services to you. Also, if you choose to contact a homeowner to tour or make an offer on a home through the Services, your personal information may be transmitted to the homeowner to complete the task you requested through the Services. Further, if you advertise a home for sale through the Services, Homie may provide your personal information to individuals interested in touring or making offers on your home. HOMIE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT ALL HOME TOUR REQUESTS OR OFFERS ARE GENUINE. YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE RELEASE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL HOME TOUR REQUESTS OR OFFERS, AND FURTHER AGREE TO HOLD HOMIE HARMLESS FROM ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGES YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF SUCH RELEASE.
Real Estate Information
Homie strives to provide access to and improve real estate information available to the general public. For example, we make certain details of your real estate transactions with Homie available to other Homie users in an anonymous fashion to assist our users with information-backed decision making. Where third-party service providers assist us in providing you with Services, we may allow you to comment on the quality of service provided by these third parties through ratings and reviews. Homie may post, remove, or edit any reviews submitted by you at its sole discretion.
You may receive emails and text messages (collectively, “Communications”) from Homie and its affiliates for a variety of reasons. For example, you may receive an email or text from Homie if you took an action through the Services such as advertising a home for sale or requesting to tour or make an offer on a home. You can manage your receipt of certain communication by following the instructions included in communication or by modifying your notification preferences under Account Settings. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain communications, we may still contact you with important transactional or administrative information.
Storage, Security and Retention of Information
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal identification information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed. Please do your part in protecting your personal information against unauthorized use. Keep your account password safe and confidential, and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Also scan your computer regularly for viruses, malware, and spyware.
By using our Services, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, we may attempt to notify you electronically by sending an email to you. To withdraw your consent to receive electronic notice of a data breach, please email us at [email protected]
Homie does not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 16. If you use our Services, you represent that you are at least the age of majority under the laws of the jurisdiction of your place of residence. If you believe your child has provided us with personal information, please alert us at [email protected] If we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the minor’s information.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of certain states or countries, you may have the right to:
- Obtain information regarding the collection, processing, and sharing of your personal information;
- Access the personal information we have obtained about you, if any;
- Correct your personal information;
- Delete your personal information;
- Request an electronic copy of your personal information; and/or
- Object to or opt out of the use of your personal information for certain purposes.
To submit a privacy subject request, please contact us at [email protected] Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and verification process. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to identify personal information that we collect, process, store, disclose, and otherwise use and to respond to your applicable privacy rights requests. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise these rights.
Homie Technology, Inc.
10355 South Jordan Gateway, #550
South Jordan, UT 84095