Your full-time, dedicated agent will continue to help you through the buying process. Here are some things to be aware of during this time
- Video walkthroughs. Many home sellers may be reluctant to allow a large number of buyers to visit and inspect their home on showings. To help deal with this issue, Homie will be encouraging sellers of Homie-listed homes to create video walkthroughs of their home. Homie sellers will not be hosting open houses during this time.
- Video-chat tours. If you are getting serious about a specific home, our agents may be able to take you on a video-chat tour of a home through Facetime or other video conferencing tools.
- In-person tours. Where video walkthroughs or virtual tours are unavailable, your Homie Buyer Agent will do their best to secure an in-person visit but will be following the CDC’s recommendations around social distancing.
- Pre-approval. If you haven’t already, this is a good time to get pre-approved for a loan so you can narrow your search and minimize the number of tours you are requesting. Your buyer agent can help you narrow down the list of homes you would like to see to limit any exposure.
- Closings. Once you are under contract on your dream home, you may see unexpected delays in closing your transaction due to limited availability of third-party service providers, such as county recorders, appraisers, or inspectors. Your Homie Buyer Agent will continue to communicate with you often about your timeline.
Don't take our word for it
Over 4,500 closed transactions and over $40 million saved in fees and commissions. Learn why thousands of customers choose and trust Homie to buy and sell.