Many people think of City Park West as the neighborhood taken up by hospitals and medical centers—but it’s much more than that. This neighborhood made a 20 spot jump from last year on 5280’s Best Neighborhoods in Denver list – because of its 19% increase in average home sale prices and walkability. This neighborhood has a sprinkle of everything: from local hot spots, old Victorian homes, and of course—the beautiful City Park.
Besides the obvious perk of living next to one of the most iconic parks in Denver (City Park), the City Park West neighborhood has tons to offer. There are plenty of local restaurants, watering holes, and coffee shops to choose from (see our favorites below) and you’re just a short walk from the Denver Zoo! You’ll also have plenty of options to get creative with crafting classes, art galleries, and fun boutiques. Also make sure you check out City Park Jazz—a summertime classic in the area that has been around for 35 years. Lastly, you’ll just be a few blocks away from downtown Denver, where the possibilities for fun are endless.
Get to Know Your Neighbors
According to the 5280 “Best Neighborhoods in Denver” article, the average resident in City Park West commutes less than 30 minutes – because of its central location. This is a rent heavy area with 63% of units being rented, but buyers can still find some old home charm as well! The median age of residents is 33.45 years old and singles comprise the majority of households.
Our Favorite Local Businesses in the Area
- Brunch: Syrup – this neighborhood favorite is a classic brunch spot serving up specialty pancakes with infused syrup and other breakfast classics. Stop here for some fun boozy brunch drinks as well!
- Lunch/Happy Hour: Illegal Pete’s – most Denver locals will know this chain, but it’s sure to satisfy all your lunch or happy hour needs. Illegal Pete’s serves delicious and fresh Mexican food such as taquitos, quesadillas, bowls, burritos, and much more. Make sure you grab one of their signature house margaritas as well!
- Drinks: Irish Snug – this local watering hole offers an expansive selection of beer, whiskey and spirits. They have a great happy hour menu and patio—great for summer drinking!
How to Find a Home in City Park West
Does City Park West sound like the neighborhood for you? Check out the current home listings in City Park West. You can also speak with a local Homie agent to learn more about the area. Some questions to ask your local agent are:
- What is the average size of a home in City Park West?
- What is the average home price in City Park West?
- Are there any good walking trails in City Park West?
- How often do homes sell in City Park West?
- How quickly do homes sell in City Park West?
Let a Homie Agent Help You Move Into City Park West
Contact us today to speak with an experienced local agent who can help you find and secure the perfect City Park West home.
Homie works with buyers and sellers to simplify the real estate process and save them thousands. Finally, the way real estate should be. Learn more about buying in Colorado.
Interested in learning about other Denver neighborhoods? Check out all our guides here.