The Sloan Lake neighborhood is a favorite by many Denverites for its large lake and path around it used for biking, running, and walking their furry friend. It also has sweeping views of both the mountains and city. There’s more—this neighborhood is expanding quickly with new apartments, townhomes, and many restaurants. This neighborhood has broken back into the top 10 Denver neighborhoods for the first time since 2016, according to this 5280 article. This is due to the massive development it’s gone through, the ideal location, and the walkability.
Located just West of downtown, this neighborhood is an ideal location for those who may want to move out of the city but still want the convenience of living downtown. You’ll be just a short distance away from your favorite sports teams, bars, and restaurants and possibly work. You’ll also be just 20 minutes from the foothills for ski season. According to 5280, the average commute for residents is only 15-30 minutes.
When living in Sloan Lake, you’ll have the convenience of Edgewater’s main street which has plenty of local bites and shops for you to choose from. There’s also a Target and King Soopers located just across the street for shopping. Exercise a big part of your life? Perfect. Sloan Lake has a paved path around the lake for biking, running, walking, and more. You can also rent kayaks and stand-up paddle boards in the summer to switch up your workout. You won’t have to drive to a path to get your exercise—just simply step outside your door.
A Booming Neighborhood
The Sloan Lake neighborhood is booming. With many recent developments in apartments— many restaurants and other shops have quickly moved in. There’s a variety of different housing to choose from in this neighborhood. From townhomes to apartments to contemporary and Mediterranean-inspired single family homes, there’s something for everyone’s taste.
With all this development, comes a multitude of new businesses. Odell Brewery has a beautiful rooftop to sip craft beers and look at both the city and mountains, The Patio at Sloans is a trendy, fun spot to grab a drink with friends for brunch or after work, White Lotus offers yoga and massage to keep you feeling your best, and Crumbl Cookies just moved in across the street—in case you have a sweet tooth. Your favorite amenities are never far when living in Sloan Lake.
Our Favorite Local Businesses in the Area
- Brunch: The Patio at Sloans – with Froze, tons of brunch treats, and bumpin’ music, what more could you ask for to start your Sunday funday? Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 2:30pm.
- Rooftop: Odell Brewery – this new rooftop is ideal for meeting up for drinks with friends and taking in the scenery of both the mountains and downtown. They also have made-from-scratch pizza, live music, and 10+ Odell beers on tap.
- Post Workout Snack: Whole Sol is a smoothie bowl lover’s dream. With tons of different toppings and flavors, you’ll be sure to satisfy your post-workout cravings. They have freshly squeezed juices, smoothies, and light breakfast and lunch food as well.
How to Find a Home in Sloan Lake
Does Sloan Lake sound like the neighborhood for you? Check out the current home listings in Sloan Lake. You can also speak with a local Homie agent to learn more about the area. Some questions to ask your local agent are:
- What is the average size of a home in Sloan Lake?
- What is the average home price in Sloan Lake?
- What is the walkability of Sloan Lake?
- How accessible is Sloan Lake?
- How often do homes sell in Sloan Lake?
- How quickly do homes sell in Sloan Lake?
Let a Homie Agent Help You Move Into Sloan Lake
Contact us today to speak with an experienced local agent who can help you find and secure the perfect Sloan Lake home.
Homie works with buyers and sellers to simplify the real estate process and save them thousands. Finally, the way real estate should be. Learn more about buying in Colorado.
Interested in learning about other Denver neighborhoods? Check out all our guides here.