The Virginia Village neighborhood, located just southeast of Denver, is known for being quiet, affordable, and having very limited retail. With the recent housing boom, this is all slowly changing. Ranked #24 on 5280’s Best Neighborhoods, this quaint neighborhood is starting to make a name for itself.
Located just southeast of downtown, and very close to Cherry Creek, this quiet neighborhood has easy access to all the amenities you need. You’ll have quick access to the Cherry Creek trail, and the Joseph E. Cook Park that boasts a recreation center and soccer fields.
You’ll also be in the ideal school location – the highly sought after Cherry Creek School District, but without the price tag of living in Cherry Creek. The average commute from this neighborhood is 30 minutes or less making it easy to get either downtown or to DTC for work. You’re also just a short drive to the foothills making it easy for a weekend getaway to the mountains.
Although this neighborhood is usually known for being quaint and quiet, the city has big plans to expand this neighborhood and build more businesses, retail shops and restaurants for residents. The city approved the massive project in December of 2018 to develop more walkable blocks, 150 new homes, work offices, restaurants, retail and more – according to 5280 Magazine.
This cute neighborhood features many mid-century modern homes filled with residents that have occupied them for decades. It features businesses that have been around for decades too. Although shopping options are limited, residents are still just a short drive away from major malls, outlets, and shopping centers. With plans to expand as well, residents won’t have to wait long to have walkable places to empty their wallets.
Our Favorite Local Businesses in the Area
- Coffee: Unravel Coffee is a sustainable local coffee shop who’s cups and decor can please any Instagram influencer. They also feature various toasts, smoothies, and sandwiches for breakfast or lunch.
- Brunch/Lunch: Ester’s has a huge variety of food that can satisfy any craving. They are best known for their homemade pizza that comes with many unique and flavorful toppings. Also check them out for brunch for killer cocktails and food.
- Dinner: Chakas Mexican Restaurant is a neighborhood favorite for Mexican fare. They claim to have the best green chile in Denver and have a large selection of food and beverages for the whole family.
How to Find a Home in Virginia Village
Does Virginia Village sound like the neighborhood for you? Check out the current home listings in Virginia Village. You can also speak with a local Homie agent to learn more about the area. Some questions to ask your local agent are:
- What is the average size of a home in Virginia Village?
- What is the average home price in Virginia Village?
- What is the walkability of Virginia Village?
- How accessible is Virginia Village?
- How often do homes sell in Virginia Village?
- How quickly do homes sell in Virginia Village?
Let a Homie Agent Help You Move Into Virginia Village
Contact us today to speak with an experienced local agent who can help you find and secure the perfect Sloan Lake home.
Homie works with buyers and sellers to simplify the real estate process and save them thousands. Finally, the way real estate should be. Learn more about buying in Colorado.
Interested in learning about other Denver neighborhoods? Check out all our guides here.